Tuesday 18 September 2012

18 and 12months!

#10
The big one-oh at last! ...Quite sad really but anywaaay. 

So I've had a birthday since the last time I've written on here, eighteen and twelve months.... well now thirteen months haha. Had the pleasure of spending the day at work, which was in all seriousness pretty good! My first birthday out of school, and I loved it! That may have had something to do with the yum morning tea the girls put together for it hehe, and of course their company! The night before I went to the cross with some friends for the karaoke night and we ended up having an awesome time, of course with the help of some lemon, lime and bitters... with vodka. That lasted till my nineteenth which made it even more fuuuun! 
The night of my birthday I was invited to present the Quota Student of the Year Award and watch the speeches. There were only three girls that were in it, but it was really good to watch! Brought back some memories of the good old public speaking days hahah, it even made me feel nervous watching them up on the stage! Especially the impromptus... I was extremely happy to be able to give the award to the only BHHS speaker there, and I gave a little congrats speech- surprised I still had the public speaking nack :P
On the Sunday I went over to Aunty Michelle's to make my birthday cake with her for the family dinner that was on that night. I was psyched to spend the day cooking yummy stuff but definitely not prepared for the intense baking sesh that actually happened aha. We spent five whole hours baking this red velvet, chocolate mouse, toffee, strawberry, chocolate massive cake thing. SO MUCH FUN! SO MUCH FOOOOOOD! We used like 5 punnets of strawberries, nearly a litre of cream, 400 grams of chocolate (at least) and about 5 cups of sugar for the toffee. Yummmmmmm, Cant describe, so here's a pic ;) Enjoy. Haahahah, I definitely did. We took it to the dinner that had around 16 people, and everyone got a massive piece with as much toffee and chocolate covered strawberries as they desired. So I just took the plate it all came off, with the leftovers and downed it all... I was in absolute heaven. Totally oblivious from all the horrified faces staring at me the whole time I ate that toffee, chocolate and strawberries... oh and the cake hehe. 


So I now have a councillor for a Father, that's new. Hahah, I helped him out on the polling day with the how to vote pamphlets, so that definitely helped :P Nah, he was on the Labour ticket, and they did a fair bit of work before hand! He's pretty surprised and excited I reckon! Very proud of my daddyyyyy :D 

Had a lovely visit from the girlies as well. Went to the black for some games of pool and cocktails, and also had a Lifeline dinner/auction to go to with them! That was fun. As always, awesome to see Terri and Hannah again, especially when I got spoiled with some out-of-this-world fluoro pink heals from the bestie as a birthday surprise!

Got my apron at the hospital kiosk this weekend! Hehe, now I'm really one of the ladies! Also got taught how to do some of the claim for Medibank at work today, loved learning some different stuff. 

So AFX in four days... Wooooo! 0400 start on the Sunday and then a whole week of fun before its off to Thailand with the family! CANNOT WAIT:D:D:D:D

Until then friends, I'll catch you later- hopefully looking mighty fine with a fresh Phuket tan ;P
-Licul

No comments:

Post a Comment